Does your partner
- Insult you, put you down or call you teasing names?
- Control your movement and where you should go, what you have to wear, and to whom you meet up?
- Accuse you of cheating or has big jealous issues?
- Pressure you or force you to have sex when unwanted?
- Control all the money, check your bills to make sure how much you spent?
- Forbid you from seeing your family and your friends for a long duration?
- Hurt your pets or break precious belongings to hurt you?
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, you are being abused and need help.
Abuse hurts even if the damage is not physical and just plain mental. It can make you feel worthless and helpless at times. And, it can make you feel constantly afraid aswell of all things or steps to take.
Need to talk to someone safe? Contact us for immediate hellp
There are many more forms of abuse than just physical or mental form of abuse which we sometimes see in news headlines. Abuse is anything your partner forces you to do which makes you uncomfortable and you feel worthless or afraid.
Abuse is not just physical. Insults, threats and controlling who you are allowed to talk to and see are every bit as damaging as physical violence and needs to be taken seriously. It can be difficult to accept that you are being abused; it is difficult to understand why the person that you loved enough to share your life with would willingly hurt you.